When the weather is nice, and the sun is shining, you want to get outside and take advantage of it. But nice weather conditions also mean your lawn is growing like crazy and probably needs to be mowed. What to do? Put that mower away and call Green Hill Landscaping!
While you’re out enjoying the beautiful months of nice weather, the professional lawn care experts at Green Hill Landscaping can take care of your lawn, keeping it healthy, green and gorgeous. To make things even easier for you, you can request your lawn care services via our Free Estimate form, and even pay for your service online while you’re on the go!
Lawn mowing and trimming is one of the best ways to keep your lawn healthy and protect your property value. Grass develops new growth at the crown, so a proper lawn mowing stimulates the plant to become dense and healthy resulting in a rich, thick turf.
We mow all grass areas approximately every 7 days throughout the growing season, weather permitting, for an approximate total of 32 cuts per season. Grass height will be adjusted as appropriate for seasonal conditions. We will also perform string trimming along shrub bed edges, walkways, and curbs as needed.
Professional Lawn Mowing Service
Per Service (approx. 32 cuts per season)
We mow grass areas approximately every 7 days throughout growing the season (weather permitting). Grass height to be adjusted as appropriate for seasonal conditions. Includes string trimming along shrub bed edges, walkways, and curbs to be performed as needed.
The Green Hill Service Advantage
Our enthusiasm for professional lawn care carries over to everything we do, which includes an emphasis we place on providing expert service and support to our many Happy Customers. Maybe it’s because we live in the same communities we service, or perhaps it’s because many of our customers are also our neighbors, but whatever the reason, lawn care isn’t a part-time gig to us and neither is our commitment to you.
While others may call it professionalism, we feel that our willingness to answer our client’s questions and address their concerns is just our way of building relationships that last.
Ready to get started? Simply fill out our Free Estimate form.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lawn Mowing
What is the annual mowing frequency?
- The mowing services usually take place between the end of March and early November, but they may also depend on the weather conditions, temperatures, or unforeseen weather phenomena.
What is the average mowing frequency?
- The average mowing frequency is once a week (or, more specifically, every seven days). Nevertheless, from April to June, mowing should and can be more frequent to prevent and reduce clumping.
Are there biweekly mowing schedules?
- Biweekly mowing does not occur often. However, for heavily shaded properties, we could implement a biweekly mowing program. We usually devise a case-by-case approach, evaluating each situation. If weekly mowing is not necessary or the area goes through a period of extreme heat and drought, we can consider adjusting the mowing schedule accordingly.
What is the proper grass height?
- Typical grass height is around 3-4 inches. However, it depends on the type of turf, the seasonal temperatures, and the quantity of rain falling in a given period, as they all influence the grass height and the cutting decisions.
What is the size of the mowers?
- Our mowing services rely on a wide range of hi-tech equipment we select to use depending on the size and the challenges of the areas we service. We tailor our interventions for each specific case.
What happens with the grass clippings?
- We do not bag the freshly cut grass clippings. In comparison to wet, dead, and diseased fall leaves, grass clippings pose no threat to your lawn and landscape. On the contrary, they contain plenty of nutrients for the soil. We follow the industry’s standards to leave the fresh grass clippings in place so they can re-enter the nutrient cycle and fertilize the soil.
What can you tell about the mowing directions you follow?
- Changing the mowing direction every time we mow is an industry standard we follow to a tee. Taking a different route when using the mower on the lawn ensures less stress for the turf and promotes healthier grass growth.
Can we establish a specific day for the mowing service?
- Our team usually schedules mowing activities towards the second half of the week (Wednesday to Friday) and uses a routing optimization software. It allows us to plan our mowing tasks on your property together with other ones we maintain in your neighborhood. If there are no external factors or variables to influence our timing and schedule negatively, we will be consistent in our provided services every week.